I’m just getting around to reading Seth Godin’s book, Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us. I now understand why Seth has built a significant tribe of his own. The book is chock full of motivational & insightful gems. Below are my favorite quotations from the book.
- Defending mediocrity is exhausting.
- The party didn’t take four minutes to organize; it took four years.
- Curious people count.
- You get to choose the tribe you will lead.
- Great leaders don’t water down their messages to make a tribe a bit bigger.
- Most people are really good at ignoring new trends or great employees or big ideas.
- Listen, really listen. Then decide and move on.
- The art of leadership is understanding what you can’t compromise on.
- Leaders work to change things and the people who are winning rarely do.
- Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there.
Do you have a favorite?