If you haven’t guessed from my previous posts I loved Jay Baer & Amber Naslund’s book The Now Revolution, 7 shifts to make your business faster, smarter and more social. It’s the best book I’ve read in some time, standing out in the business book world as a hearty meal in a buffet of spoon fed bites.
Typically, I’m happy with a book that provides 2 or 3 insights, ideas or creative seeds. Each of Jay and Amber’s chapters delivered what I would expect from an entire book.
What I liked (short version):
- Microsoft tags for more information and because I felt like a geek when using the app.
- NEW & plentiful case studies!
- Good solid, realistic information that can be implemented immediately.
- “Now Hear This” sections which offered recommendations, ideas, and tips.
- Their lists and outlines are HUGE timesavers for any company to adopt and adapt.
If you want the long version go here.
The authors challenged us to determine which chapters were written by Jay and which by Amber. Here’s my guesses:
- Shift 1: Engineer a New Bedrock
- Shift 4: Answer the New Telephone
- Shift 6: Build a Fire Extinguisher
- Introduction/Where Do We Go From Here?
- Shift 2: Find Talent You Can Trust
- Shift 3: Organize Your Armies
- Shift 5: Emphasize Response-Ability
- Shift 7: Make a Calculator
Am I right?
I’m holding a social event this afternoon with a group of 20 fabulously intelligent women from all areas of my Michigan life. Some self-employed, some employed by companies, some work with nonprofits. Their level of social media experience varies from “we met via twitter” to “social what?” It’s during this event that I’ll have one of them draw the book winner. So if you want to get in on the draw sent me a tweet directly @cletch, leave a comment below or on CyberCletch’s facebook wall so I can be sure to add your name. If you’ve already submitted an entry – you can do it again before noon eastern and increase your chances of winning!
Although this contest is coming to an end, I know I will be picking up the book over and over again to access the pearls of wisdom contained within. As I write and rewrite my company policies and procedures I plan to incorporate many of their ideas and lists from the book. Highly recommended! Buy it here.